Revo's or Destination AT's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of the Mich LTX's finally wore out and the rest are looking pretty ratty so thankfully time for new tires. The LTX's were ok but wanted something a bit tougher for Malibu Barbie off roading and trailer pulling. The Revo's sound like the tire I want but had a lot of experience with the old Firestone Wilderness AT and got really great service from them on my old 97 4Runner. I heard the Destination is the Wilderness reincarnated. My priorities are wet weather traction/braking first with snow and ice traction second with off roading in third place. I'm looking at both tires in a LT 265/75/16 size (c load rating) as a good compromise tire. I have no plans to lift this cruiser (93) as Betsy will be my sons DD when he gets of age. Bridestone has a $75.00 (American Express) gift card offer on until 9/29/07 with the Revo's so they would only be about $25.00 more than the Tired-stones. Whadda you think between these two tires? Oh yes the she devil uses this car constantly so maniac mods won't fly so to keep the peace gotta stay close to OEM in ride.

Revo's

Without a doubt in my mind, I think you should go with the Revo's. It seems your situation warrants it. These tires have been great to me and my family. Expedition-wise and daily driver, the are simply the best. I need to replace mine soon. I told my wife to slap me up-side the head if I start doing research on any other tire. I'm buying the Revo's again. You should too.

Check this thread out: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=29035

Thanks RC. I had found that thread ( and others with a search) but just wondered about the Firestone's after reading the survey at TIRE RACK and brand loyalty from getting really good wear and pretty decent handling characteristics with my previous Wilderness AT tires. I like your avatar since moving from SoCal and coming to Idaho we now live in Eagle, ID. Hard to find good carnitas here. During the winter get a bit of snow but get into it regularly going up to Bogus Basin to ski and that usually at night.

Second the Revo's, especially since wet weather traction is important to you.

I like my Revo's. Quiet, good handling, good off-road, good in the snow, I got a little sliding on the ice, but I don't know that it would have been any different with other tires in the same conditions. No traction is no traction, regardless of the rubber.

my 0.02, the Firestones are good. Bridgestone owns Firestone and the Firestones are cheaper by about $30 a tire. The reviews on Tirerack.com show that these tires are very close in customer ratings.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

...but what the Hell, I ain't never had Revo's and I bet nobody else who has posted has tried out the Firestones so flip a coin !!!

Ive seen people wheel both and wouldnt waste my time with the Destination A/Ts. Unless you were going to strictly be doing trails that anythign stock can rider id go with the Revos. Ive had a set, and a set of BFG A/Ts and Revos Definately have better road manners.

The Nittos are the tire most comp to the Revo if you want to save some money, and they are made by Toyo, and they come in 315's :D

I never tried those Firestones, had some awful Firestones on a Ford Ranger - but that is besides the point. I have about 60K on my Revos and they will last another winter yet. Great traction in everything but mud.

Unless you change you mind and want the Destination M/T's- get the Revo's.

My choices were exactly like yours when I shopped for mine last year. I got the Revos - enough said ;)

Congratulations! Great choice.

Report back when you get a chance. Let us know what your initial impressions are. Have fun!

Bridgestone or Nitto

I also have recently been weighing the pros and cons of different tires and narrowed my choices down to either the Revo or the Terra Grappler.

Both look good on paper and have pretty good rating both here on the board and with consumer reviews. Someone recently posted a link to unsertires.com and they have screaming deals on the Nitto so I believe with the tires being comparable I will be going the Nitto route.

Will post up with first impressions once I get them ordered. Only thing holding me back currently is I have read many posts on tire size and I am just trying to decide between the 265 or 285. A lift is not on the forecast for a long time so if I rub I will be screwed!!! I have read of a couple people rubbing stock with 285's and others that say they can go up to 305's with rub at full lock and major suspension compression. :confused:

Glen

I had to bite a bullet when I wrote the check for the Revo's but initial impressions are favorable. Got on the freeway and ran em up to 75 for awhile and they seemed to track truer and not wander like the 4ply LTX 275/70/16's that were on her before and were so old that for quite a while had been weather cracked in the tread. The revo's are 6 ply and don't seem to be harsh riding at all. My hearing is pretty bad after years of truck driving, shooting and listening to Vodoo Child so if they made noise I didn't hear it and the she devil who has bionic ears didn't complain a bit so they must be quiet. Celebrated my B-day and new tires by going to lunch at Denny's now that I qualify for the senior discount. Life is good.

Celebrated my B-day and new tires by going to lunch at Denny's now that I qualify for the senior discount. Life is good.

Happy birthday !

The Senior's discount, won't be long. And yes, LIFE IS GOOD !
:beer:

I had to bite a bullet when I wrote the check for the Revo's but initial impressions are favorable. Got on the freeway and ran em up to 75 for awhile and they seemed to track truer and not wander like the 4ply LTX 275/70/16's that were on her before and were so old that for quite a while had been weather cracked in the tread. The revo's are 6 ply and don't seem to be harsh riding at all. My hearing is pretty bad after years of truck driving, shooting and listening to Vodoo Child so if they made noise I didn't hear it and the she devil who has bionic ears didn't complain a bit so they must be quiet. Celebrated my B-day and new tires by going to lunch at Denny's now that I qualify for the senior discount. Life is good.

If you bough the LT tires, you need to remember to increase your pressure 8-10 psi over stock to compensate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom