Reviews of AAA Engine or Cruiser Parts remanufactured 1FZ-FE engines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm needing an engine, AAA Engine and Cruiser Parts are the only two that offers a long block. (That I can find) Hopefully someone on here has first hand experience with one of these.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If it’s CruiserParts then it means there is a gallon of pre-installed rust added for your convenience. Joking aside they suck and it scares me that they are doing engines.

If you are speaking of AAA engine in Chatsworth, CA then they have been pretty good. I’ve never needed to use them but have plenty of customers who have and all seem happy. They’ve done four turbo motors that I know of.

Get it rebuilt locally would be my suggestion

Look into JARCO Inc. They are pretty local to you (Canton, GA) and I have read good things about them.

If it’s CruiserParts then it means there is a gallon of pre-installed rust added for your convenience. Joking aside they suck and it scares me that they are doing engines.

If you are speaking of AAA engine in Chatsworth, CA then they have been pretty good. I’ve never needed to use them but have plenty of customers who have and all seem happy. They’ve done four turbo motors that I know of.
I was leaning towards AAA (Chatsworth, CA) but their Google reviews are less than stellar...

Cam is not taking any 1FZ work for at least the next 12-16 months.

And he is way above the 2 clown operations mentioned here: IE: Not cheap.

Cam is an expert. Not a junkyard s*** box engine build operation.
exactly why i am sending my next one there. 12-16 months is worth it for an engine that will last 300K

JARCO is only available through a Toyota dealership. They do not sell direct.
I called Jarco yesterday and he quoted me a price. He said it would take around 14-16 weeks to ship.

They must have changed policy recently then. Good to know. Thanks.
He did say something about not selling out of state because of sales tax collection. They might only sell to dealers out of the state of Georgia.

I'm in the same boat, looking for an engine rebuilder here in SoCal. I mean Joey @ Wits End giving a nod to AAA means alot, i just cant get over the endless amount of 1 star negative reviews. And a very recent one few weeks ago about a failure in a 1FZ engine as well. My gut is telling me HELL NO.

So if anyone knows of a good outfit to bring a long block pulled out already that is in the SoCal area, please post it up here. Looking to do this ASAP.

To be fair, the question was specifically asking a question about two options. I gave my opinion.

My first choice is always Martin Davidson in Reseda.

My first choice is always Martin Davidson in Reseda.

Fast fwd to 2022, I had Kyle @ Martin Davidson build a from scratch 1FZ-FE with all new OEM parts minus the valve cover. It takes time and money to get a solid 1FZ-FE result. In my research, there is NO viable off the shelf 1FZ-FE long block seller in the USA. You take a short cut and you will likely end up with a short-cutted result (YMMV).

I'm closing in on 10K miles now and the power gain since break in is palpable. Zero oil consumption. Purrs like a kitten. Languidly cruises at 85mph pushing heavy 37s. AC on, steepest part of the Grapevine southbound, I was left lane climbing at 80mph OD off with room to spare.

I wholeheartedly recommend Kyle. He's a good dude. Thanks to @NLXTACY + @NorCalFJ100 for the vote of confidence.

As for AAA Engine, see if this one moves you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom