Review: Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just ordered the panhard bracket can’t wait to get it installed on my 80. I think I’ll be the first 3 linked 80 running it.. it drives great on the highway and around town so we will see how this helps her out. 🆒

I have been running it for a few months now and can say it helps a good bit. Dollar for dollar its a great improvement, especially being linked. 🆒

Just ordered the panhard bracket can’t wait to get it installed on my 80. I think I’ll be the first 3 linked 80 running it.. it drives great on the highway and around town so we will see how this helps her out. 🆒

View attachment 1907084

I got it to installed and I’ve driven about 100 miles with it, in town and on the freeway. Definitely made a difference, I have less body roll, and wandering now. Great product!

021D0215-CAE8-4D8A-AC6E-20B21FA2F87A.jpeg

I got it to installed and I’ve driven about 100 miles with it, in town and on the freeway. Definitely made a difference, I have less body roll, and wandering now. Great product!

Heck ya! Glad it's doing it's job.

Well, I'll be damned. I just test drove my 80. Took the windy mountain road and the highway with the big sweeping turns. I would dare to say this bracket made as much difference as my castor plates in terms of handling. That sense of the 80 "lurching" as it entered a turn and me having to correct the steering a bit to get it back on line is now gone. It turns out my 80 was not too top heavy and my stock anti sway bars are stiff enough and my caster is perfectly adequate. Feels like a completly different truck. Amazing what that simple bracket accomplished.

Well, I'll be damned. I just test drove my 80. Took the windy mountain road and the highway with the big sweeping turns. I would dare to say this bracket made as much difference as my castor plates in terms of handling. That sense of the 80 "lurching" as it entered a turn and me having to correct the steering a bit to get it back on line is now gone. It turns out my 80 was not too top heavy and my stock anti sway bars are stiff enough and my caster is perfectly adequate. Feels like a completly different truck. Amazing what that simple bracket accomplished.

Glad to hear!

Question: Do I need adjustable front and rear panhard bars to run this? Or can I keep my stock rear panhard and just run an adjustable panhard up front?

you need the stock length panhard

Unle
Question: Do I need adjustable front and rear panhard bars to run this? Or can I keep my stock rear panhard and just run an adjustable panhard up front?
Unless you have a “just big enough” lift to NOT want to run a 5” bracket (due to needing extra bumpstop drops and therefore losing uptravel), you will be best off with stock panhard.

In the case of 6”+ lifts, the 5” bracket works well as is.

In the 5-6” range, you would likely be best served with a 3” bracket + adjustable panhard to get it “perfect”. For a 95th percentile fix in that situation, a 3” bracket will do just fine.

In the 3-4.5” range, a 3” bracket by itself will be pretty much perfect.

Edit: do -> due

Last edited:
can anyone explain or post pics of the ABS wire rerouting? i saw a couple references to it but didn’t understand the issue or how you would resolve it once underway.
THANKS
What year is your ride?

Last edited:
Ok so stupid question time. I plan on installing a 4” Slee lift in the next few weeks. Would this bracket benefit me? If so why doest Slee go this route? Always curious on small suspension parts from vendors that don’t come with my $3500 bolt in kit.

Ok so stupid question time. I plan on installing a 4” Slee lift in the next few weeks. Would this bracket benefit me? If so why doest Slee go this route? Always curious on small suspension parts from vendors that don’t come with my $3500 bolt in kit.

Obviously biased here, but a 3” bracket will certainly benefit a vehicle with a 4” lift.

For UNbiased opinions, read the rest of this thread.

To understand a bit more about why people like it, check out the first post in this thread: Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5"

Interested in getting one of these. Any idea when you will have more in stock, @Delta VS ? Thanks.

Whoops! I guess I was looking at the "used/blemished" category. Sorry about that!

I just finished the install last night. I suppose a 4” bracket would have netted me a straight vertical Panhard bar, but my angle looks about the same as everyone.

I installed the newer high clearance version, on a 1997 LX450 so here are my observations.

1. In Japan and other RHD markets, the rear Panhard bar is in a better orientation/direction relative to the front vs LHD markets.

2. I’m running the Dobinson tapered coils and ran into the same issues as the Slinky folks. The track arm bolt is too long and contacts the coil. I cut off about 10mm of the bolt using the stock upper control arm nut as a guide and thread chase. The nut is close, but shouldn’t make contact with the spring. Grinding of the bracket was not required.

3. Ideally, I would prefer to remove the coil spring and install the bolt in the opposite direction for added clearance. However, I didn’t have spring compressors on hand since I usually rent them. Pro Tip: if you own Slinky or Dobinson coils, buy spring compressors. They are cheap.

4. All of the pictures on this thread do not show the spare tire in the stock location. You can work around it, but it does make things a tad more difficult.

5. You will be in an awkward position to apply the necessary 181 foot pounds of torque to cinch down the bolts, so keep that in mind if your upper body strength is limited.

6. The bracket sheared the retaining clips for the ABS wire. Only the outside one can be retained if you unclip it before installing. I didn’t do this, and now it is zip tied to the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom