Reversing camera (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay - so I have bombed Mud with 3 posts in the last hour... (sorry...)

Attached are photos of the mount I made for my reversing camera. The reversing camera is a cheapie, but I only use it to help hooking up the boat trailer (the twin rear tyres prevent it from being useful for anything else)...
I didn’t want anything dash-mounted as I prefer the ‘clean’ look. An offcut of stainless sheet bent to a guessed angle and tek screwed to the steel section under the dash. I still utilise the suction-mount of the reversing camera which helps with adjusting the angle of the screen...
Anyway - hopefully this might help someone wondering where / how to mount theirs...
359C2EDC-8DD7-4137-B282-8479B197BACE.jpeg
1115EE08-A787-4DFF-B1E8-244E73137795.jpeg
6AB7F272-89E9-4363-9E77-A4E06A4B6BDB.jpeg

Good location. I have mine routed to the stereo head which has a fold out screen but the angle isn't perfect.

Yeah - in a previous Landcruiser I had a stereo that was also a reversing camera, street navigator, DVD player, etc etc. For my last 2 x 60’s I decided that the stereo was going to just be the stereo!
I like a ‘clean’ dash and windscreen so with this one tucked away I only notice it when it is needed to hook the boat up....

I installed a double din head unit that didn't require cutting anything and had an input for a backup camera since the stock radio had an issue. However, I kind of hate the new head unit so I'm considering repairing the old one (and modding it with a simple aux input) and returning it to a stock look, which is making me think about alternative nav/camera screen placements.

I saw a post on another forum where a guy replaced the bottom bolt of his driver side oh s*** handle with a RAM ball mount intended for motorcycles: MOD: A-Pillar RAM mount GPS/Phone holder

I'm considering this. Easily reversible to stock, allows a backup camera, gps, phone, etc. Very minor change. I actually have the ball, but I don't have a bolt that's the right size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom