reverse lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i was putting in some rock lights under the back of my truck and i was going to wire one into my back up lights to brighten things up. i spliced into the positive wire to the bulb, checked it with my test light and it worked, i ran the wire under my truck hooked it all up, claimed i was finished. then i turned on the truck, put it into reverse and nothing, now none of my back up lights work. i cant find a fuse anywhere and it doesnt show one in the diagram i have. does anyone have any idea whats up?

Do you have a good ground on the rock light?

depending on the lights you installed, that's probably too much wattage for the small stock wiring. Use a relay. Better.

Should still get some juice to the rock lamp w/out a relay though, which is why I suggested the ground. In my case, I did the relay, and it works great.

One other thing to check - sometimes brand-new stuff doesn't work...test the new rock light to make sure it lights up - hook it directly to the car battery, or any small 6V dry cell should also make it light up (though dim).

wire you reverse light apart .. with relay and provide it from the switch and reverso position the positive onto relay.

With this setup you are hable to use 'em with your reverse and when your need it.

after i realized the lights didnt work, i disconected the rock light and the lights still dont work. is there a fuse anywhere? i cant find it? ive searched everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom