Reverse Lights upgrade in the rear reflector

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
This is a quick video showing the reverse light upgrade for the rear reflectors using the Rigid Industries D-Series Pro diffused lights (midnight edition and standard edition). I am going to post another video with our spoiler reverse light upgrade next week.

We use the existing reflector because it's the correct shape and has proper clips. We also offer this upgrade in color-matched color.

bloc

SILVER Star

These would probably sell like hot cakes. I know I don't have plans for a rear bumper and this is a very good solution for rear lighting.

Possibly even 3D printed depending on the cost of the original part.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star

I have those same lights in my RLC rear bumper and I can attest that they are SERIOUSLY bright. I actually had to get the special Rigid bezels to point them down some.

IMG_20200411_192338.jpg

If you do this awesome upgrade, avoid the temptation to get the cheapo $20 "Nilight" lights on Amazon that look just like the Rigids. You will be sorry, and replacing them probably within a year. They will leak, water will get inside, and they will stop working. That's what was in my bumper when I got it, and they failed. Junk.

Nice mod, only problem I see with it is that it ditches the rear reflector. It would be fine if the tail lights themselves have refectors in them but they don’t. Could be a liability issue in an accident

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
So, the install is not straight forward on a stock vehicle? Two days ??
I’m at the mercy of my body shop, they do the cutting, filling, sanding, prepping, and painting. I’m sure they could do it in a day, but unfortunately, doesn’t really work out that way.

CharlieS

SILVER Star

Not to discourage people doing this mod, because it is definitely awesome, but you can get a similar benefit from installing Rigid Ignite diffused LEDs in the reflector lenses. I posted how to do this over the winter. It isn't an especially difficult DIY, especially if you can reuse your reflectors.

8FCB3605-1E8E-441F-96EF-285AE1A3DDEF.jpeg

Markuson

SILVER Star

Nice mod, only problem I see with it is that it ditches the rear reflector. It would be fine if the tail lights themselves have refectors in them but they don’t. Could be a liability issue in an accident
So...
Add a reflector anywhere you like. :meh:
Reflectors are shallow, passive, and easy.

Top Bottom