Return fuel line banjo bolt... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, guys. I am new to the site and just acquired an all original '74 FJ40. It's a little rough around the edges, but road worthy (pictures to come). I noticed while adjusting the carb that the return fuel line is unattached. I have read the "Banjo Bolt BLUES" thread, which was extremely helpful, but I'm trying to gather some further information. I would like to reattach the fuel return line, but only have the banjo union and not the actual bolt. My question is, can I use a standard banjo bolt instead of the adjustable one that to my knowledge is impossible to find. And, if so, does anyone have the dimensions of the original banjo bolt (i.e. the bolt length and thread pitch). There is a plug screwed in the banjo bolts place now, so I can find out the thread pitch easy enough, but the length is the important thing. Also, does the strainer stay in the port if I am installing a new banjo bolt?

Thanks for helping out. I am new to FJ's, so excuse my ignorance when it comes to some pretty basic stuff.

Also, if anyone has the original banjo bolt, I'd love to take it off your hands. It would make things a lot easier. Just let me know...

I'll definitely check out Marks. Thanks! What exactly does "flip your bezel" mean. Sorry, I'm a novice.

Bezel is the oval sheet metal on the front of the truck.
It is supposed to be installed fat side up. Many new owners have them upside down because they think it looks right. It's kind of a right of passage to make that mistake and be told to fix it.
Welcome to the board.

If you don't score with Mark, call Jim Chenoweth. I had just the opposite problem and had no return line so I needed that plug instead of the banjo bolt. Just went out to the garage to see what I have and I do have the banjo....but not the bolt, so no help from me:bang:

Thanks, guys. I'll have to check the bevel on my FJ40 (not FJ) in the morning. I'll try Jim too.

Send me the plug and a few bucks for return postage and I will be happy to send you the bolt.

Otherwise, I have an $80.00 minimum order policy.

Best

Mark A.

Is the last post Mark from Mark's Offroad? Can I give you a call through the number on your website? I would love to trade you the plug for that banjo bolt and I need to get a few more things while I'm at it. Have a few questions for you too if you have the time.

Thanks,
Adam

Yes call him on the phone that's how he prefers to do business leave a message if he doesn't answer because he can get very busy fixing broken cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom