Retrofitting troopie doors on a 61? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if so, it wouldn't surprise me if the rear body panels had a much different shape, like they did on the FJ55s. it would be an interesting project though :D

TLC has done it, swaped non US barn doors to a US spec model, its not a bolt on deal.....but with enough time, skill, money it can be done.

me.....I like the drop gate set up in WA.....nice when it rains and nice place to sit your bum ;)

I love my tailgate too, and the window's awesome for rain shielding at the drive-in. :)

That said, cruiserparts.net has barn doors in stock, apparently, if you really want to retrofit them. I assume if you called, they could tell you what all is involved in the conversion.

Hi everybody!

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Well, if it's that involved, i better forget it then. I was talking about ambulance doors. Did they do it on 61, i've only seen 60's so far with it.

Best regards.

Max.

Not that involved, you are a couple of brackets and some holes drilled in the body for the hinges. The hinge mounts are on all the bodies you just have to make the holes to get to them. I was going to do it but decided the tailgate makes a great seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom