Retrofitting Shoulder belts on a 1991 HDJ-81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For some strange reason 1991 JDM HDJ-81 only have lap belts in the rear seats. I need to put newer style shoulder belts in the back for the kids booster seats.

Before I tear apart teh interior, does anyone know if there are mounting factory points for the retractible belts and shoulder points? Anyone know if USDM 1991 models had rear seat shoulder belts?

I did this to mine. Everything is there, even the threaded hole in the pillar. The only thing is he lower bolt hole on the retractor end does not have a threaded hole for some reason so u need a nut and washer for that one. But other than that and having to dremel the plastic a bit to let the belt come out from behind the pannel it's a straight forward bolt in mod. Phone John at rocky mountian imports for ur belts, that's where I got mine.

I plan on doing this eventually. Here's a pic of the factory location I took, from one at a shop. I think there might be 2 holes around that area, one is a tooling hole, and the other is a captive nut (I think the tooling hole is bigger). I would take pin and feel for the threads were you could feel the holes through the fabric, before you poke a big hole in the fabric.
PIC-0233.jpg

Mot had done a good thread on this with pics - which served as inspiration to do mine. While at it, I also added 3rd row belts - although there are no factory mounting points on my HDJ81. So I fabricated something

9180ltd said:
I did this to mine. Everything is there, even the threaded hole in the pillar. The only thing is he lower bolt hole on the retractor end does not have a threaded hole for some reason so u need a nut and washer for that one. But other than that and having to dremel the plastic a bit to let the belt come out from behind the pannel it's a straight forward bolt in mod.

Can you give me a parts list? It is just the retractors and the shoulder things that go in the wall, like in the picture?

I checked out the MOT write up and it kicks ass. I contacted Rocky Mountain and the parts are cheaper than I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom