Retrofitting 100 series plastic tailgate cover to 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I'm not sure what the official name of this part is, but I would like to know if there's any retrofitted parts that I can put this plastic piece on my 97 LC similar to how 100 series LC have them installed.

If possible, is there a 3D printable model of this part too? I recently obtained a 3D printer and printing this part out would be cool.

Image is attached to this post.

- Branden

IMG_20210808_201440.jpg

Love the idea, but keep forgetting about it. Thanks for bringing it up.

I’ve seen it discussed. Will start searching.

I'd like to do this with my 80. It was a feature I liked with my 105.

I was thinking a sheet of aluminium, some piano hinge, and some bungee cord could achieve the samething without too much trouble

I'd like to do this with my 80. It was a feature I liked with my 105.

I was thinking a sheet of aluminium, some piano hinge, and some bungee cord could achieve the samething without too much trouble
Bungee cord?
I was thinking a couple of rat trap springs would be easier to retrofit into the piano hinge.

Bungee cord?
I was thinking a couple of rat trap springs would be easier to retrofit into the piano hinge.
Yeah, why not. Simple, effective, cheap, easy to conceal underneath. Just need something to create a little pull toward the tail gate

I do like the rat trap suggestion though. Could be just the right amount of redneck :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom