Retro Stereo for my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
No, I am not posting a cool pic of one that I have, but rather looking to replace what I currently have in my 1983 60. The lights are bright blue and it just doesn't look right. I am wondering if anyone has ever found a retro stereo that fits in the 60. I retro stereo with bluetooth built in.

FJ60Pond.JPG

Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1130B
Jensen is a good HD radio...not too gaudy and fits perfectly in the slot. They have units that have Bluetooth, USB ports etc that are also not too gaudy.

I have a mid 80’s push button stereo radio made by blaupunkt that came out of an old Saab parts car. It has a Saab sticker on the label and was probably a dealer option. My plan is to clean it up and mod it so it connects to modern devices while still acting like it’s original use.

check retro sound. i bought the Hermosa with black buttons and knobs so it looks like it could be stock in my 55. Bluetooth works great. Considering one for my 60 as well.
Did you ever get one for your 60? Been thinking about one for my FJ62. Sound good / loud?

Did you ever get one for your 60? Been thinking about one for my FJ62. Sound good / loud?
i haven't installed it yet, but I have one. Sounds great in my 55, but i added the amp and am running four 6.5" speakers and two 6x9's. I'm sure it would be better/louder with some subs in boxes but I didn't want boxes bouncing around when wheeling it.

i haven't installed it yet, but I have one. Sounds great in my 55, but i added the amp and am running four 6.5" speakers and two 6x9's. I'm sure it would be better/louder with some subs in boxes but I didn't want boxes bouncing around when wheeling it.
Cool. Can’t decide to go oem or retro or just lean into Apple car play unit!

Cool. Can’t decide to go oem or retro or just lean into Apple car play unit!
In my 55 i was certain i wanted the retro look of the retrosound unit. The bluetooth is great so you get some modern convenience with the old look. In the 60 i might consider something different. Although as cool as apple car play is, i don't see myself using it much in an old cruiser just because they are loud. I tend to just ignore my phone when driving my cruisers, maybe that is why I like driving them.

can you make the backlights change from red to clear? I would like to see it installed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom