Retro-fit OEM locking axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guy's I rolled my 97 Landcruiser and it's totalled per State Farm. I bought it back and am not finding many replacements with the locking front and rear. Is it pretty straight forward to take the locking axles off my old rig and swap them onto a non locked rig? Is it pretty much plug and play? Is there a wiring harness behind that blank spot on the dash of a non-locked rig like the cdl switch? I really liked my locked axles, please tell me this is straight forward.

Thanks, Vince

Its all plug and play, you just need all the parts. Fortunately you have all the parts. Its definitely worthwhile.
You need the axles, wiring harness, controller, switch, bulbs for the instrument cluster. I think that is everything.
Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your rig, it looks like it was well setup.

There are a few threads out there, and it is pretty straight-forward if you get a 93+ truck. Swap axles, swap locker looms from axles to main loom on truck, swap locker ECU in PS kick panel, and add lamps to the cluster...that said, it is a bit of time and effort, but all the bits should be plug-and-play. Search and you should find a few handy threads with the nitty-gritty details.

:cheers:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom