Retro fit factory cruise control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi gang iv retro fitted the genuine cruise control to my cruiser and all went as planned after reading a whole lot on this site to get what i needed but im only stuck on 1 thing that i need help with . All is connected and works fine but my problem is i can not find the mounting place for the cruise ecu i know it goes under the steering somewhere but i cant find the mounting holes and exact location . I have seen on some diagrams where its supposed to be roughly but cant seem to match mounting holes .so if anyone has a pic of their ecu where its mounted it will be much appreciated if you can send me a pic or if someone has a pic of the ecu mounted that would be great . Thanks for any help

I'll snap a pic tomorrow if you're still stuck (can't right now), but it is mounted in a funny spot. There's a small angle bracket that I hope you have, which screws to the side of the cruise control ECU, and in tern screws to the side of the brake pedal I believe it was. The cruise control ECU actually ends up sitting upright and sticking out towards the driver, upright between the accelerator and brake, far back and up under the dash. If you don't have that small bracket, you'll need to track it down or work out an alternative. If you do, I'd get under the dash and mess around to work out the orientation, screw it in, and then screw the ECU onto the bracket. From memory you need to fit the bracket first without the ECU anyway, or you can't get to the screws.

EDIT: Actually, on a doublecheck, I believe the bracket screws to the side of the accelerator pedal, not the brake pedal. There are existing empty threaded holes in the pedal to accommodate the bracket.

Last edited:
Ok thanks so much ill check that out when i get home from work and no i dont have a bracket witch explains why i couldnt find any matching holes . I did look at the brake and ecelerator peddle and did notice some threaded holes there but nothing matched the holes on the 2 tabs sticking out from the back of the ecu. So if i know the right location i guess i can make up a bracket to suit . Thanks so much nemesis1207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom