Retirement (1 Viewer)

Congrats man!
I have 20.5hrs in now. Looking at starting the process in February 2021 w/retirement of 2022.Unless the economy is garbage next year I may delay it a few years. Got until 2024 to reach HYT.
I also feel like the Military (Air Force for me) has done many good things for the family and I. No matter what we do after our honorable service I feel we have been groomed for success.
good luck and hope the transition goes well!

Congrats man!
I have 20.5hrs in now.
I generally only counted down hours, when approaching a job change or retirement.;)

Although I retired 8/1/1988, I still remember well the excitement of bringing my USAF career to an end and entering the civilian job market. I also remember that last year... it got longer and longer before it was done.

I hope everything works out for you and you are able to work your plan, without interruption.

I had to delay my second retirement for three years, due to the 2008 subprime fiasco. So, I can tell you, if you have to delay, you’re in a good place, with a paying job, that you seem to enjoy.

This too shall pass.

Congrats!

I am creeping up on the 1 year mark since retirement...Things are good. I can send over some detailed info on the VA disability process if you'd like. It is a pain, but worth it.

Cheers!

Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom