Retirement Shop

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Visit site
Thanks WDE, the shop is in the process of getting some much needed love, new lights, air system and more outlets. I was getting tired of tripping over airlines and extension cords in the dark.
I plan to install 16 linear high bay LED lights to replace the fluorescent fixtures. Modeling shows I will have over 100 FC at 30”. That might be a little overkill but they are dimmable.

I have outlets all around but no 220. I’m trying to get those all planned as I want them installed before doing the walls. So far I have welder(s), compressor, and lift on my list.

Visit site
I plan to install 16 linear high bay LED lights to replace the fluorescent fixtures

If you haven’t already committed to fixtures I highly recommend these, I hired a company to do a light study and my only request was” I want it to be like walking on the surface of the sun” thinking it would be easier to turn a few off or dim them than add more later. They put 25 of these light in my shop and it’s a game changer.

IMG_20210911_101501577.jpg

Curious - what are you using for air piping?
I don’t want to ball up WDE’s thread so I’ll post some more info of what I’m doing here: Maxline by Rapidair - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/maxline-by-rapidair.1263254/

Last edited:

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Visit site
@J Mack I was looking at either the same fixture or one very similar but in a 15000 lumens output at 5k color. Mine will be hanging around 15’ and I thought it better to go 16 fixtures instead of 12 with lower output. Again, my shop is only 40’ x 40’ and iirc the result will be 109 FC at 30”.

Visit site
Mine will be hanging around 15’ and I thought it better to go 16 fixtures instead of 12 with lower output.
I’m not an expert and spent a bunch of money doing it myself incorrectly. What I learned is China light output numbers on Chinese branded lights is different than the light output on name brand lights. These Lithonia lights have less output than a fixture they replaced but the difference in usable light down low is staggering. They did hang a smaller version of the same Lithonia light under my mezzanine at 10” and they are a good choice if you plan to hang some lower.

I’m not qualified to tell you what you need for your shop but if your local supply house sells Lithonia fixtures I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of the larger lights and just replace a single existing fixture in your shop and see what you think, my guess is 12 of these would give you all you need or would want.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Visit site
What I learned is China light output numbers on Chinese branded lights is different than the light output on name brand lights.
These are the ones I was modelling and when I said similar, I meant Lithonia. Given how fast the LED landscape is changing I probably won't buy anything until I'm close to hanging them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom