Dodge Resurrection of a 1994/95 Dodge 4x4 w Cummins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
The history of this goes back to 1994/1995. My father, my brother and all all bought new Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 trucks on the same day.
They were the same white color and that is were the similarities ended.
My father and I bought the Cummins version and my brother bought the V10 version.
My truck had the 5sp manual transmission with power windows, tilt steering, etc.
My father needed a "Work Truck" so he bought the automatic transmission, hand crank windows, no tilt steering and a rubber floor mat for flooring.

I sold my truck when I sold my business. My brother sold his a few years later. My father still daily drives his and has put 305,000 miles on it.

After living/surviving 20 years in the "Rust Belt", the truck has some issues. He plows snow with it in the winter so that just compounds the rust. They use the brine solution before it freezes and then salt the heck out of the roads during a freeze.

I recently acquired my father truck.

My intention is to build him the truck he always dreams of and give it back to him. He has installed 2 or three sets of doors and the same amount of fenders The hood rusted through so he replaced that as well.

Here is a snapshot of the "good side" of the truck.

image.jpeg

I had to get the truck from Iowa to my shed in California. Best way to get it across country is to drive it. One Final Road Trip!

Did a little PM and found a few "Opportunities of Improvement" that needed addressed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Other than the rear shock not being connected, I used a full box of sheet metal screws to put things back near their original location.

Some areas there was nothing to screw too.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

With every thing mechanically sound, I headed west. I loaded a few spare items my father though I could not live without, such as the Snowplow attachment. I also scored an extra set of doors and fenders.

image.jpeg

There were storms in the southwest, including California, so I took the northern route. For those of you who have made this trip, you are aware that you have to make this type of decision in Sidney Nebraska.
image.jpeg

Drove straight through the weather systems for a total of 2103 miles in 44 hours.

Looking for shocks for the 1995 Dodge.
Any recommendations?

I just put some Monroe shocks on my old Ford and love the ride and more importantly the price.

What ever happened to this build?? I just did a frame swap on my dads old 1985 Ford and converted it to a diesel. Gotta say the end result was worth it.

Different truck.
I found a frame and cab to swap the power train over. The owner of the 1 ton cab and chassis could not come up with the title and wouldn’t provide a bill of sale. Worked on him for two years.
I took the cab and chassis back and left it in his back yard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom