Resurecting rear vent covers for CDN cruisers - R&D and feeler thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Since I've gone into way more detail on my build than I thought I would, I needed new rear vent covers. I was looking into casting some out of aluminium until a prop master friend of mine turned me towards urethane plastic.

Long story short, I can now faithfully reproduce the long extinct rear vent covers, part number 62931 - 89103. I would need to re mold to get a perfect part, since you can see the jagged edge on the inside. This would also require a volunteer with an absolutely perfect original part that could be lent to me for a week or so.

Here's the problem: the deflection temperature is 50 deg c. They don't blob up, just bend easily at that temp. Is that acceptable?

I'm making some for myself and friends, but was thinking of selling a few. I would like to get a feel for demand, so I could figure out cost/volume.

I cant foresee any other problems. The material is uv resistant but may darken over time. I will make a video of me destroying one, just to see how impact resistant it is.

Let me know what you guys think!
DSC00337.jpg
DSC00338.jpg
DSC00336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom