Results from my "What is the best price on an SM420 Master Rebuild Kit" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

vtcruiser60

SILVER Star
Threads
"I am looking for a price quote for a SM420 master rebuild kit. The kit should include bearings, seals, gaskets, small parts bag AND syncros with shipping to Vermont"

Here is what I found:

Herm the overdrive guy
$198.50 (Shipping included but no small parts bag)

Drivetrain.com
279.38 (Shipping not included)

Inland Truck (Missoula, MT)
$234.04

Tourist Auto in SLC, UT
$220.64

Novak Transmission
Parts for the SM420 Transmission
$213.00 (shipping not included)

The winner is

Transmission Exchange Co.
1803 NE ML King Blvd.
Portland, OR 97212
800-776-1191 (contact Spencer Hodes)

$177 Shipped (bearings, gaskets, seals, syncros and small parts bag)

wasnt there one down in SoCal too? good price!

Did you happen to ask if any of themk had NOS hard parts? (gears, shafts, etc.)

Phil

Did you happen to ask if any of themk had NOS hard parts? (gears, shafts, etc.)

Phil

Hi Phil....I didn't ask specifically but several volunteered that they are no longer able to get gears for these transmissions and routinely keep cores around for that very purpose. Novak has cores. There is a company in Florida called Mantrans that also had a variety of cores on hand. Hope that helps.

Transmission rebuild kit arrived safe and sound from Transmission Exchange Co. in Portland, OR...contact info above.
TEQ rebuild Kit.jpg
TEQ bearing.jpg

Looks like a good kit,so you are going to do the rebuild yourself?Can we see a few more pics.of your SM420,I have one all apart right now that I would like to rebuild someday.I just don't know if I have everything.
Thanks,John

I would have been tempted to buy from "herm the overdrive guy" just so I could say that every time someone asked me about the transmission.

Looks like a good kit,so you are going to do the rebuild yourself?Can we see a few more pics.of your SM420,I have one all apart right now that I would like to rebuild someday.I just don't know if I have everything.
Thanks,John

Charlie Glabe (PinHead) goes through a lot of good SM420 info in this article, which is linked to on the 'Tech Links' page (link to that at the top of every page.) I used his page as a guide when installing my 420 4 years ago.

sm420

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom