1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restos, QT w/ the Pops, and ... Rage?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Mr. Toad, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad

Media:
    Albums:
    I was just reading 14 year-old 74fj40's ROTW thread--the one where he's building his truck with his pops. Made me remember...

When I was 14, my dad and I rejuvenated an Austin Healey 3000 Mk III. After all the mechanicals, etc. were done, I drove it home (w/o a license) from the paint shop when I was 15. About an hour after I parked it at home for the first time, a neighbor buddy and I were sitting in the yard under a tree admiring it as it sat gleaming way out in the driveway--where everyone could see it. We watched as my older sister, driving an awesome assassination-style rag-top Lincoln, whipped into the driveway. The driveway was very long, and it was lined on one side (the side my sister came from) with a thick hedge. I don't think she even hit the brakes before bashing the entire rear of the AH right up behind the front seat. Not a scratch on the Lincoln's chrome.

Crazy thing is . . . I didn't yell or murder or pummel. I really never even got pissed off. Is this normal?

2. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

NO!

3. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

I'm a pretty calm person too. But if my sister did that to me with any of the cars or trucks i've put a lot of work into I would probably cause some serious bodily harm. Fortunately my sister has always driven like a grandma. I think if anyone crashes into my cruiser they would be hearing/ possibly feeling a whole bunch of anger.

4. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    You obviously took you medication that particular day. Good thing for your sis.

Eh?

Ed

Was it a BJ8 with overdrive and roll-up windows? Very sweet in any case, very s-e-x-y car, IMHO.

5. Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad

Media:
    Albums:
    Yep, 1967. No sliders--genuine hand cranks for the windows. Learned a lot about primative inline sixes that I never thought I'd use ;)

It was a strange day. My sister boo-hooing, my dad pulling his hair out and me just chillin'. If it happened now, I'd explode.