Restoring the fridge armrest console... Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone

So i'm busy restoring my 1995 VX Limited
Just finished up with a fresh coat of paint, and now we're starting to get all the interior cleaned up and looking fresh

already got some nice vintage Recaro seats and all for it, but there is one huge eye sore which I'm now trying to figure out how to tackle: The fridge cover.
It's pretty scratched up (pic below)
The actual plastic is brittle now as well

Is there anyway to restore this to still have the factory textured finish?

I'm very much against, just having a body shop clean it up, fiber it, and paint it... the last thing i want is a some 90s honda civic sound system looking monstrosity in the truck LOL

The other thing I thought might be an option is vinyl wrapping the whole thing in a factory looking color...
but where I use this truck (Suriname, South America), is essentially on the equator, and on the edge of the Amazon Rainforest... so its very hot, and very wet... normally wrapping anything out here doesnt go well... nor is there any upholstery shop here that i'd trust would use the right materials to do the job.

Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to restore this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Also, just for those who are curious or interested, and just cus i'm excited about it LOL... here are some pics of the car its going into... freshly out of paint :)
gota get all the new VXL badges and strip moldings and all to make everything look "new" on the truck
probably going to start a little build thread on here for it as well

SU- Land Cruiser - VXL Fridge pic.jpg

PHOTO-2021-05-22-14-53-48.jpg

PHOTO-2021-05-18-08-36-44.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom