Restoring a classic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.triadhelpdesk.com
I wanted to post this up here / saw a few posts about doing bodywork and restoring some older FJ40s, etc. This is my dads 1946 Willys, not a cruiser/yota I know, but I think it will give you some ideas on what is involved in a frame off restoration.

Home ?(1946 Willys Rebuild)?

I have mentioned a few of these techniques including "brazing" in other threads, just thought I would share this. Dad is getting pretty close/excited!! Almost 2 years in the restoration.

If you have questions I will do my best to answer them or get my dad to!

Sam

awesome!

Hey sam,,,, just saw a convoy of CJ-2s on battleground this am. Might have been your pops w/ the only red one there but it had beige/tan wheels. I met another gentleman who just finished his up too over in Irving Park.

Hows the truck coming?

Home ?(1946 Willys Rebuild)?

The Willys is finished!!! (Well as much as any of them ever are...)

For those restoring the older 40s / 55s, lots of content in there that would be very applicable to your rigs!

I drove it around the block last weekend, was a blast, sure does clank and make lots of noises, but they were still inventing this stuff 63 years ago...(wow...)

Sam (Will start another thread for my truck)

That looks awesome! Great job! There's just something very cool about the old Willys flatties.

Great Job sam and those involved, looks really good.

It's amazing to think about the things that were engineered in those times. Has a real neat factory military look much like I am sure it did the day it left the production line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom