restoring a 80' cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
k, im looken at a cruiser this weekend nd its gonna need pretty much a full restoration as far as the body goes. the engine and driveshafts ect ect r supposed 2 be fine, my question is how much will doing the body and the interior cost, i know it'll vary obviously but just a ballpark guess nd if i can i want to do as much of the work myself as i can....nd has ne body here ever built their own tub? ya...let me know what u guys think thanx

Guy

Well, it depends on how meticulous you want to get. You can do a decent job if you don't care about looks or if you aren't a perfectionist, for around $4k - $5k including tub and body panels. If you really take time and are a perfectionist, then it might cost you around $8 or so, which is what I'm up to (body alone). Good luck!!

lol....ah @&@&@&@&...if thats the case getten my feet when could put my head below water in the long run cause like u, its gotta be done right. r u doing everything urself or are u ordering ur panels tub ect?

Post 78 trucks are much more time consuming and difficult to do rust repair on. Almost all have rust in the front floor, which leads to rust in the body mounts, which are welded to the front floor, which leads to rust in the rear floor, which leads to rust in the inner fenders, outer quarters, and on and on. don't attempt a late model resto unless you're familiar with welding and fabrication where safety is involved. Additionally, you're working around the underbody fuel tank, since it can't be removed from the frame without removing the tub. If the floor is rusty, body mounts are compromised, and that's a big deal.

I wanna' see pix of this 80' Cruiser, mine are all only about 20' long.......

LOL I ordered front steel fenders from Cool Cruisers of Texas I believe, rear fiberglass doors (don't get them, try to repair the ones you have or find good quality used to repair) from Specter, and an Aqualu aluminum body tub. That's about $3k right there. I got my weatherstripping mainly from Specter, a couple from CCOT. Paint and sandblasting ran me about a grand and a half including labor, along with about $400 worth of stainless steel metric bolts (hard to find and expensive), a Painless wiring harness ($370 from Specter or CCOT), along with the other parts and stuff that add up once you calculate it. Let's see, from the above, that'd be around... $7500 plus. Then again, I got "Best of Show" at my college's homecoming parade, AND still hold the best offroad vehicle in the car club. Not many vehicles can have that capacity... Best of luck to you, if I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask! Cheers, good luck, and may the rust gods look favorably upon you!

wheelerinthemaking said:
80' as in 1980....didnt think i really needed 2 specify on that one....

no humor huh Guy?

Post up a pic of this rust bucket....

wheelerinthemaking said:
80' as in 1980....didnt think i really needed 2 specify on that one....

UHH that would be represented like this

'80

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

i havnt bought it yet, im trying to find out roughly how much its gonna cost 2 fix up a truck that im goin 2 look at on sunday.....i just wanna get an idea so i dont spend the money on the truck only 2 find out that i cant afford to fix it up cause this'll be my first truck nd i dont really know how much restoration costs.....but if i do get it....ill be sure 2 post pics. nd texican ya, i screwed up, get over it @&@&@&@& happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom