Restmod Air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cowboy45

Old Landy: An HJ45 Story/Build Thread
Threads
Hello everyone, I am trying to put AC in my RHD 45 and I came across this company, Restomod Air, and I was wondering if anyone has put one of their reverse cyclone kits in their rigs. It looks pretty promising but if anyone has some insight it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, - Keaton D.

They’ve got a pretty cool showroom local in Coppell, TX just off 635. If you haven’t been by I think it would definitely be worth a visit.

I remember seeing a smaller unit when I was there, that while too small for a 40, might work well in a 45.

Last edited:
They’ve got a pretty cool showroom local in Coppell, TX just off 635. If you haven’t been by I think it would definitely be worth a visit.

I remember seeing a smaller unit when I was there, that while too small for a 40, might work well in a 45.
I live in Rowlett so not to far from Coppell, I will go check it out! Thanks!

Last edited:
That Hurricane unit will fit where the heater goes, in the center under the dash. I am putting one in right now and it sets well. This is the one I bought for my 1978: IP-2100- Inside Package A/C, Heat and Defrost System Side Fittings, Electronic - https://www.oldairproducts.com/product/hurricane-2100-inside-package

425DDAC6-51B8-489D-910D-B75F4E90D200.jpeg

Large round holes on either end are AC vents, as are the two rectangle holes on either side of the radio.

Because of the AC vent, had to relocate the head light switch down, and also added a fog light switch next to it.

Hole under the gauge cluster is for the Dakota Digital switch.

Hole under the brake seatbelt warning light will be a CEL for my 3FE, using an older 40 indicator light.

Other holes are mostly the same, but moved them around slightly to be symmetrical while adding the AC unit knobs.

A 4 switch panel will go where the ashtray is, just resized the opening to fit the switch panel.

Also deleting the dash pads, so filled in all those holes.

I think that’s everything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom