Resolved - Yotamd quality concerns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from my engineering shop: They're aware of the issue and tried to/intended to catch all the affected parts, but obviously missed these before they got to me. They've worked with HP (printer manufacturer) to alter machine settings to avoid the porosity seen here and don't expect to see it in the future. I sent the email and got a personal call back from the guy in charge of the printers within 9 minutes. All parts affected will be remade. Love that shop.

If anyone else noted similar porosity in that shell part, please let me know via PM or email (admin @ yotamd.com so I can get you a good replacement.

It's not every day you get to see the word "porosity" used in a post :)

You might change the title of your thread to add "resolved"

I've not purchased a yotamd key fob yet for my Land Cruiser as I don't need one. Just really want one. I did get a one for my first gen tundra which was a life saver. Anyway the quick response, the going above and beyond, tracking down the source of the problem, all this is awesome to see and though it may be momentary restores my faith in my fellow American. I'm not even the one that got a defective product but Thank you @suprarx7nut for going far beyond what is expected. It's all too common to see these things go the other way.

FYI for all, I found the initial email. Came in April 8th, 4 days ago. @Cosmo Kramer gave me plenty of time to respond, my spam filter just prevented me from seeing it. I looked through my spam folder and had 5 other customer emails from the last few days. Google's AI must be off this week. Glad I know now!

Here's what the typical green shells look like in my current inventory. Some (not pictured) have larger voids like the OP pictures and of course, those are being quarantined for rework/scrap/blemished sale. You can see some tiny, tiny holes in these, but nothing like the massive gaping holes in the initial post here.

Word to the wise, if I don't reply to an email, shoot me a PM. I'm never off mud for more than a fraction of a day and I'll get you squared away! :p

View attachment 2643811 thanks for the replacement, looks awesome, thanks for the follow-up, appreciate the great customer service goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom