Resolved: RTH - Radiator Removal Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
RESOLVED: A little more force rocking side to side loosened it up. Isolators come out with rad.

———-

Do these isolators lift out with the radiator, or do they clamshell open first?

Have removed hoses, isolators with bolts on either side of condenser, vertical bolts through isolators in photos, fan and shroud but rad remains tight at base. Don’t want to force things if I missed a bolt or something. Anything else I missed? Thanks!

E5295DB1-D9D4-4573-8944-B3BFC2149EE3.jpeg

754066E7-E183-4ADC-BA70-9F9C8DF28956.jpeg

Last edited:
No, there’s a removable metal sleeve + washer (Toyota calls it a “collar”) going thru the center that the bolt goes through. Knock out that sleeve and the clamshell rubber isolators can be removed from the frame mounts.

88A006CE-343B-4001-9B56-DC1AE2C2AE33.jpeg

Did you consider drilling the "speed hole" at the bottom of the battery box, for next time? A hole saw of about 1.5" makes the next radiator replacement a lot faster, as you can grab every socket extension you own, put them together, and reach that bottom bolt without having to remove the battery box. Here, have a look; (*disregard my TJM winch main and HELLA light relay...)
Screenshot_20221220-093157.jpg

The only potential downside is water intrusion if you cross a lot of deep water, but it's not like the battery box is hermetically sealed. It's a drain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom