Resistors for small incandescent lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to run some circuits to provide indicator lights to my dash when my lockers are on. I've decided against the complexity of working with the OEM plugs, and will run indicators from the switches (which I cannot see when driving) to my dash. Where I struggle is knowing what size resistor I should run. I assume the bulb itself will take very little power to actually run. Any thoughts?

Why would you need resistors? If you use 12V indicator bulbs they will work directly with vehicle power. What vehicle is this going into and I presume arb lockers??

cheers,
george.

Why would you need resistors? If you use 12V indicator bulbs they will work directly with vehicle power. What vehicle is this going into and I presume arb lockers??

cheers,
george.
80 series. Harrop eaton e lockers.

I am under the impression that volts isnt the issue, watts is. I imagine the little bulbs only need like 1.5 watts

Edit- i believe i confused myself into the needing a resistor aspect. Should just need a diode

If the bulbs are 12V, they will draw what they need. It's no different than other warning lights and bulbs (brake, tail, turn etc) - no resistors are needed.

Not sure why you need a diode either unless it's part of the 'logic' of lighting bulbs up...

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom