Requesting pics. ‘77 45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.whiteriverlawncare.com
Thanks in advance. I’m trying to figure out some suspension issues and spring hangers. Can someone snap a shot of the rear spring hanger, front side, to see how it mounts to the frame. A shot from back to front as close to inline with the frame the better. Thanks

Bump Nobody?

I might be able to take a photo or two sometime tomorrow if no one else gets to you.

PM me tomorrow for a reminder in case I forget. Thx.

Just saw some photos you might want to see in the Classifieds here on Mud.....by Tank5. Have a peek.

Canadian 77 lpb. Hope this helps
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

yes that's perfect. thanks. no where near the same as what i have. mine gotta be replaced because they are cracked. trying to determine what i need to find.

from a canadian 77 lpb

what is LPB??

Within the 45-series Land Cruisers, my recollection of "LPB" is that the initial designation was: FJ45-PB, and FJ45L-PB, "L" meaning LHD, with the home-country original Japanese RHD vehicles not designated with an "R". The "P" meant "Pickup" body, and the "B" was for the long-bed longer wheel-based vehicle, to differentiate it from the short-bed version. There were variations throughout the years of production often with additional letters to designate specific differences. The so-called "45LV" or FJ45LV you will see is the LHD version of the FJ45V, the Van or wagon style body. In Japan the RHD version would simply be a FJ45V. The short, rounded-corner 45 pickup trucks should be called FJ45P and FJ45LP, since I believe they were the first, or "A" versions of the pickup body style. Later FJ45 trucks also came in the Troopy bus style. The Brazilian Toyota factory produced a standard long bed pickup, an extended cab 2-door pickup, and a 4-door crew-cab pickup, but they were designated differently and carried Mercedes-licensed diesel engines. And then there are the F, B, and H leading letters to designate engines and fuel-types. Or so I understand it.

If I am incorrect in any of this, undoubtedly I will soon be admonished.

Thanks for those details. So the 77 Canadian long bed truck should be the same as a Venezuelan long bed truck. I’d like to get a set of those hangers but I’m guess it’s gonna be super tough to find those.

Haven't seen complete photos of your truck. Some countries in order to further their own fledgling auto industry, would demand sold vehicles have a certain percentage of home-grown domestic content--like pickup beds. Canada was not concerned, but Venezuela may have had issues at some point in the past. They did have an assembly plant in Venezuela at the time. Someone here on Mud may be better able to comment on the sameness of your truck to a Canadian import or a Venezuelan import from that era.

As to your hangers, somebody with an unused frame from any of the 45-series might be a source. Specter Off Road did have five unused frames sitting in their shipping dock last year--maybe a source for the parts you need.

I’ll try and post some pics of mine. Onur thinks they are non-stock.
59CD9BE2-A5F9-40FA-B483-6941236DCBE0.jpeg
43154854-D715-424D-A2BD-8AA1754C5C1F.jpeg
E5429183-9A30-4EB9-A336-3F27ADCD8679.jpeg

Your setup looks like the later larger style pins and shackles. That weld line looks suspicious--some things may have been moved or replaced. I'm guessing you cannot talk to the previous owner?

No. I don’t speak Spanish 🤣. The weld line is from a crack in the frame. All 4 hangers have been rewelded at some point. And i’m guessing it was done in the field. Things are not lined up exactly and it’s putting stress in different places and some hangers are cracked. Things you can’t see when buying from far away places and looking at photos they send.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom