request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.barryhause.com
Hey guys.

I wonder if one of you more experienced drivers would be willing to do me a favor. I'd like to take my fj60 into a couple of rugged looking places down by the Pearl river. I think I and the truck are probably capable of it, but I'd like to have a more seasoned driver sitting next to me (someone brave enough....) in the passenger seat to give me some basic pointers (or just hold my hand:) ) on the high art of 4-wheeling. My experience off-road has mainly been on a mountain bike. Now that I've come up into the world of Cruisers I'd like to learn from your experience. I appreciated Greg's insight and tow rope when I buried half my truck in the mud off of Pipeline road this spring (I should have listened closer). Hoping to avoid the burying part this time around.

Interested parties can P.M. me to talk about schedule. We could even make a mini ride out of it, if others are interested.

I'll buy the beer.

Any takers?

Barry

Beer??? Hail yeah! Can we listen to RJD? I'm game and I'm sure Jess, Greg and Lash would be in as well. Lash knows where to get good and stuck!

Later,

Hell yeh...about time we did something local

sign me up to try my 40 out on some mud...

There are various place one could go. I'm sure some of the veterans know more than I. In particular I was interested in trying to go down beneath the lakeland drive bridge towards the sandbar. The entrance to this looks interesting. Pretty steep and rutted. There are some muddy spots back in the woods. It's not long, but from my noobie perspective looks challenging.

bh

I have to be that guy-is it legal to drive down there....I have heard its not but wanted to ask???

Dunno 'bout the legality. I see tracks down there all the time and have seen ATV's riding as well as trucks parked. In the long run I'd mainly like to be able to carry my canoe down there. I took a walk down there monday with my boys and the dog the scope out the trails. We saw evidence in one spot of someone having gotten rather stuck: broken tow rope, huge tire gouges in the mud, planks and fast food litter everywhere. People go down there all the time. Do any of you who've lived here for awhile know about the legality of this? What's the penalty? A fine? If it were just me I'd do it, but I don't want to get anyone else in trouble.

bh

Reason I ask is on the Pearl River valley road at the end of my street they have gated due to people 4 wheeling & ruting out the road when wet. From a fire chief I'm friends with he informed me that if you are caught back there "raising hell" it's a large fine. So I'm not trying to scare anyone but I don't want that person to be fined or be made example of for everyone else.

Maybe we should talk to the Pearl River Valley folks & see whats legal & whats not so we can start making contacts/friends with them? Noticed the other day riding my mountain bike down the gravel road there was trash everywhere....possibly a good avenue for a clean up day & civic action to show our good nature?

ticket to ride

Maybe we should talk to the Pearl River Valley folks & see whats legal & whats not so we can start making contacts/friends with them? Noticed the other day riding my mountain bike down the gravel road there was trash everywhere....possibly a good avenue for a clean up day & civic action to show our good nature?[/QUOTE]

The clean-up day is a good idea. I'll see what I can find out. There is certainly lots of trash down there, especially the white variety. Some jerks drove a big truck straight through the bush, just to avoid a bad mudhole and ran over a fawn in the process. They didn't have the courtesy to remove the carcass. Gives 4-wheelers everywhere a bad name. Crystal wrapper, beer bottles etc... :mad:

I really have grown to appreciate the conservationist attitude present in alot of TLCA related literature and advertising.

b

I hate those guys that throw beer bottles out everywhere! Woops! Sorry Greg.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom