Reputable repair shops in Northern VA for my LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As stated in a previous post, recently just purchased an 03 LX 470. With about $3500 cash on hand Id like to baseline my LX as much as possible. Looking for any recommendations on shops located in Northern VA to send my LX to. Im located in Stafford VA.

So far Im looking to replace:
Replace timing belt and water pump (last done 80k ago by word of mouth from the previous owner)
Rack and Pinion (not sure the wear on this but it has been suggested by several members while I have the money), possible power steering pump as well.

Im going to replace all fluids myself along with doing the breaks. Also going to replace the heater tee's along with the hoses.

I have a local shop near me that specializes in Off-road mods, called OCD 4WD. Im going to get a quote from them along with a local repair shop I use for all my vehicles.

Any suggestions on specialty shops please send them my way.

Depending on your skills, ability, enough space to work with and potentially longer downtime, DIY is probably the best to save $$ for other updates. I've heard good things about OCD from the Jeep club that I was part of. OTRAMM in Bealeton is another shop to consider OTRAMM Land Cruiser Repair - https://www.otramm.com/

Depending on your skills, ability, enough space to work with and potentially longer downtime, DIY is probably the best to save $$ for other updates. I've heard good things about OCD from the Jeep club that I was part of. OTRAMM in Bealeton is another shop to consider OTRAMM Land Cruiser Repair - https://www.otramm.com/
The skills are lacking to say the least, not sure how comfortable I am doing some of this work. Ive contacted both OCD and OTRAMM, we'll see what they say. Thanks for the help.

I'm no mechanic nor I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express...

But having owned old trucks for the past 20 years. I suggest only baseline items.

engine oil/air filters
diff fluids
T's
flush brakes/PS/AHC

To name a few.

Why would you change the rack and pinion and power steering pump if they are working fine? If ain't broke, don't fix it. My 2¢.

Ryan from OTRAMM is top shelf. He has worked on both my 99 and 04 LX470:s.

His shop also does a great evaluation of new purchases trucks at a cost that is well worth it.

Owner of @OTRAMM not returning my calls about servicing issues and failure of attention to detail by his assistant on last repairs. His assistant is telling me that Owner is no longer handling emails and phone calls and only working in the shop? Anyone else having this issue?
I've been responding to your emails. There was no lack of attention to detail on Cody's part. I did the repairs on your truck. As I explained in the emails. Rebuilding the rear diff had nothing to do with a disconnected hose on your carburetor. Your truck was test driven multiple times post repair without any drivability issues. It then sat in the lot for a month waiting on pick up. I don't have an explanation for why your hose was disconnected, but I'm not the one who disconnected it. Cody is the service advisor now and is handling scheduling, customer, communications etc. I've already responded to your emails multiple times and Cody has told you the same thing on the phone. Work is flowing through the shop much more efficiently with me staying focused on repairs and not jumping back and forth to the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom