Reproduction Dome lens possibilities (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dusty 66

Ball & Claw Club
Threads
Since I have the time... I am out of work right now, maybe I can do some of the thing I just never had the time to do.

I am just in the talking stages to a local plastics guy that has a small shop and dose limited runs of obsolete auto parts but has to be small in size but has right plastic and experience reproducing obsolete Dome lights.

So If any body has any interest or Ideas input on this project please let me know I have a early good 58-9/73 fj40 dome lens but I do not have a fj45 lens to make a mold from.

I will be meeting this guy later this week I like to get a rough count so I can git a investment cost witch I can cover for the mold made etc. figure out so I can get a price I,m thinking I'd like to be less $20 each any thoughts ?

domelight-comparison.jpg

I will cross post in the 25,40 and 45 sections Thanks Joe

I know you can find a used one, the first one I had cracked from age then some one gave me broke into pieces , SOR did not have any, It took some time to find a good replacement.
Im thinking there is a need I know I have a few extra houseings that just need a lens I know you 45 guys are in the same boat from what I read.

Maybe you could ask the guy that posted that picture.;)

Soo do you need a 45 lenz to mold from? I would of course need it back....

I'm interested; my lense is ok but it's yellowing around the edges.

Since I have the time... I am out of work right now, maybe I can do some of the thing I just never had the time to do.

I am just in the talking stages to a local plastics guy that has a small shop and dose limited runs of obsolete auto parts but has to be small in size but has right plastic and experience reproducing obsolete Dome lights.

So If any body has any interest or Ideas input on this project please let me know I have a early good 58-9/73 fj40 dome lens but I do not have a fj45 lens to make a mold from.

I will be meeting this guy later this week I like to get a rough count so I can git a investment cost witch I can cover for the mold made etc. figure out so I can get a price I,m thinking I'd like to be less $20 each any thoughts ?

domelight-comparison.jpg

I will cross post in the 25,40 and 45 sections Thanks Joe

I believe you could market these easily but it will be a bit of time for people to realize they are available. I was going to do the same for the 45 lens but will follow you to see the progress.

I thought the 45 lense WAS the one in question?

I'd be in for a couple of the 45 style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom