REPRODUCTION D-Pillar and Front Fender Vents (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered.

Is there going to be a second batch of these being made? I was going to order a set yesterday-then had to make an emergency trip to the vet for my best friend. So, I'm out this round. But they definitely need to get these and the front vents when you make them!

Reactions: LCQ
Order placed. Excellent job J. Looking forward to the rest of your work.

Ordered a set in anodized paisley.

Purchased. If you can please continue to replace all the plastic I will be forever in your debt. I saw a video from TLC of a custom 60 they did and had replaced all plastic with metal. It looked great! Standing by patiently for grille and headlight doors :)

Small steps, but give @kelly saad a look on the grills.

Is there going to be a second batch of these being made? I was going to order a set yesterday-then had to make an emergency trip to the vet for my best friend. So, I'm out this round. But they definitely need to get these and the front vents when you make them!

As all know, I'll continue to make things if they sell. First runs are usually quick sellers, but the next batch/s sitting on the shelf for months/years.

Just ordered and will be in line to get the Fender Vents too- great work!

I hope to have a 3D print of the front vent in the next few days.

Order placed. Excellent job J. Looking forward to the rest of your work.

Thank you!

these are nice Jason thanks for making them, are the a/c bezels for the 62 series as well?

We have a 62 bezel, just trying to figure out the best practice for the end piece. The 62 will need some strong pre-paid interest for it to go to production.

Ordered a set in anodized paisley.

Of course you did! :flipoff2: Thanks Alf!

Thank you all!

Jason

As all know, I'll continue to make things if they sell. First runs are usually quick sellers, but the next batch/s sitting on the shelf for months/years.

This is a point that all 60/62 owners need pay close attention to. I bought a set of B pillars from Jason for a job, thinking that they would always be around. what Jason described above occurred. So when he stated that he doubted another run as there were still some sitting for a while, I bought 3 sets. We all love this stuff, it's great getting support for the old trucks we love. But the desire to bring this stuff to market fades without support from us.

The point here is this, we all say this stuff is cool and we all want one, but if we do not continue to put our money where our mouths are guys like Jason will eventually burn out on trying to read our minds on what we will actually purchase. Jason has a couple shops worth of tools and a nut to pay every month just to support the business. If you think $150.00 per pair on D-pillar vents are paying those bills you are nuts. In large part it is a labor of love. That love dissipates with merchandise sitting on the shelf for too long. Just because you do not need them right now does not mean you will not in the future.

I purchased one set of D pillar vents, I want to see them mounted etc. I anticipate buying several more sets for stock, just in case Jason does not continue to stock this item for lack of sales.

When we were rallying regularly we used to design and test all sorts of things on the rally car. When we developed something that people on the forum wanted we figured out a price for a batch where we could pay for all the work,labor,materials, shipping, profit, and design value etc. then offered to our forum as a group buy. We usually made up a few extras to have as spares or spare sales.

In this case it might make sense to offer a run at the current price and have 5 or 10 extra sets made as the machine is setup etc. then offer the extras at a slightly higher price for single sales down the road. Sales beyond that supply could be based on group orders through the forum if a minimum number buy on etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom