Repro front ends (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone got a source on reproduction bibs/ fenders etc to make a 40 look 25 series ish?

even guys that have made them themselves, if you've got plans for them that'd be even better, as i'm in Australia... and shipping would bend me over

Check the thread titled 'Wheeling' (almost to the bottom). Gene (Land Cruiser Junky) makes them, I believe.

Texican said:
What are the bars?
Something I can source locally?
Butch

Hi Butch,

The bars are polished aluminum shower curtain rods. I put them in a vice with a 1/4" x 1 1/2" solid aluminum stock wrapped in masking tape on either side of the bar so not to scar the finish, then I flattened them to the height of actual 25 bars. You can get all 3 bars out of 1 rod for about $10. I looked into solid brass cast with chrome plating and it was about $150 each. The bars are the weak link as far as strength, but for the price they look great. I forget that bib's not the real thing often.

so your saying that the bib is a 40 bib cut up?

sweet.

postage on the bars might be a killer though ;) but the tips on how to do it might make a good project for my bro

Gene,

Have you found a substitute headlight ring you're happy with? I'll probably do that for one of the others.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Gene,

Have you found a substitute headlight ring you're happy with? I'll probably do that for one of the others.

Believe it or not Jim, the closest light ring in shape is the CJ7 ring. It is exactly the same shape on the outside as the 25 ring you sent me, except the CJ ring has a sharp bevel that cuts back just inside the rim. It also does not have the tightening screw at the bottom. It's the one in this pic.
20 Series 2.jpg

are those cj7 rings hard to get a hold of in the USA... there'd be next to no hope in the Australian market

bad_religion_au said:
are those cj7 rings hard to get a hold of in the USA... there'd be next to no hope in the Australian market

It's for a Jeep.....should be available in chrome, stainless, or imatation gold plate at Wal-Mart. ;) Thanks Gene, unless you put it next to an original you probably couldn't see the difference.

hmmm....

further into this project i may need a US supplier ;)

one last thing... repro turn signals??? what did you use?

’67 Front Parking Lamp 81610-60030 (bib lights) are still available from Toyota. Solder in another wire to make them into turn signals / parking lights. If you want the clear lens you have to get a repro from SOR.

are they orange lamps from toyota (australian road rules... gotta keep turn signals orange)

hmmm this is turning into less of a chore every day

would a 1968 split hood suit?

and where are the wipers situated? got a windscreen surround with top mounted wipers sitting there

Yep, the Toyota lights are orange. They come with a dual filament bulb and base.....but only one wire connected. The '68 split hood would look fine and you won't have to do anything unless you change to FJ25 aprons.

Gene -

I see that your grill is soooo purty, that they put it in the Featured Photos section at the top of the stack.

:cheers: :cheers:

Where's the featured photo section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom