Dealer Report: 2013 200 in Idaho Falls - Teton Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went to Teton Toyota today and took a hard look at this one. It's a 2013. Roughly 88k miles. It's White. Black interior. NOT Black/Black as their website and the Carfax indicates. In fact the VIN on the Carfax is not the VIN of the 200 I drove today. There is a discrepancy. Mileage is current however there is a weird gap where the Carfax mileage shoots up to over 100k then back down to today's mileage on the day it was traded in. They are trying to sort it out as I type this. I pointed all this out to them...they had no clue.

Anyway, it's a solid truck from a mechanical perspective. Mechanically seems sound. I drove it up to our house and back to the dealership, so roughly an hour behind the wheel. No rattles or squeaks. No clunks. Interior was clean. All electronics were working. Didn't test the DVD.

I believe it was originally purchased from Teton Toyota sometime in 2012. Service according to the Carfax (that may not be accurate based on discrepancy I found) was done mostly at Teton Toyota and some down in Pocatello at the Toyota dealership around 45 minutes south of us. According to salesman, it was traded in on a new 200.

From a cosmetic perspective...IMO it is rough. I found 3 decent rocks chips that have some rust I would be concerned about. There is some pin striping on both sides of the truck. Worst pin striping is left rear door...down to the black base. Almost like it was keyed. Front bumper has some chunks missing down low in the plastic. Rear tailgate has some creases/dents...like they pressed too hard when they closed it and it just dented the tailgate. Rear bumper looks like it was hit by something and they tried to make it disappear. It's not dented however it was obviously rubbed by another vehicle or they backed it in to something. Both of the lower portions of the rear taillights are broken. The bottom plastic is missing chunks (no idea how this happened). Moisture hasn't penetrated the housing from what I could tell however both would need replacing. The right taillight is worse that the left one. Several other bruises here and there. If it were only a knick here or there...no big deal. But this LC would need some work to get it back into shape. I would consider exterior Average (at best). I know cosmetics are just cosmetics and not a big deal to some. However at $40k it's priced as if it is in Outstanding. It isn't close.

Undercarriage...was hard to tell. I didn't crawl underneath it. Appeared to have some surface rust but I didn't have time to really investigate.

Tires...fairly new tires. Not installed by the dealer. Ohtsu tires. WTF? Really? I indicated to the salesman I would take it directly to Discount and replace them before my wife even got behind the wheel. To get to our house, there are a few steep and twisty hills. Roads had some snow on them. Super squirrelly. Who puts $hit tires on a 200? Apparently this owner did. Begs the question...where else did they skimp on preventative maintenance.

If I were going to buy this one...based on exterior condition...I wouldn't give them what they are asking ($40k). I indicated to the salesman I was prepared to pay cash for the truck...$35k...in it's current condition. He indicated they were firm on the price and the price would go up if I wanted them to recondition it. I told them they could keep it.

Maybe a great deal for someone here. However I plan to buy one and keep it for years and years. I don't mind dumping some money into the "one" but this one isn't the one for us. Too rough for me.

Hope this helps you guys. Thanks.

Pre-Owned Toyota Vehicles For Sale | Idaho Falls, ID Car Dealership

PS...Looks like they put up a photo of the truck I drove. VIN isn't correct. Doesn't look like they have the VIN corrected.

Guy

I was talking to this dealer about this 200, they had dropped the price down to $35900 and they said they were firm at that price. They claimed the vehicle was in showroom condition. I was making travel arrangements from Ca to go look at it when it sold. Glad I didn't waste a trip based on this review.

Glad my review helped. Showroom condition? Wow can’t believe they would make that statement. Straight up lie. Sheesh. And car sales people wonder why they have such a bad name. Glad you didn’t waste the time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom