Replacing transmission. Should I preemptively have them do a rear main seal? 01' LX 189K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My tranny is bad. Gonna have it swapped. Not by Toyota though. Local trans shop is doing it with a reman'd with 3 yr nationwide warranty. Toyota would only give a 1 yr warranty with their reman. Plus they wanted nearly $1700 more.

Anyway. Was going to ask the trans shop to do the rear main seal while the trans is out. Don't have a reason to suspect it's bad, but figured I might as well. Am I being premature? Could I make things worse by doing that? Is it a big deal to do it later?

do the seal and the retainer plate for it, theres no reason not to. how much would you hate to pay someone to take the trans out again just to replace the seal that you could have replaced when the trans was out in the first place. if im dropping a trans for some sort of repair i always recommend replacing the rear main and retainer plate where applicable, if the cust says no and it leaks then its on them

do the seal and the retainer plate for it, theres no reason not to. how much would you hate to pay someone to take the trans out again just to replace the seal that you could have replaced when the trans was out in the first place. if im dropping a trans for some sort of repair i always recommend replacing the rear main and retainer plate where applicable, if the cust says no and it leaks then its on them
x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom