Replacing Sirius/XM antenna on LC100 series (2006 LC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone successfully replaced their XM antenna in a 100 series? I am experiencing the awful reception that others have noted here and bought an inexpensive antenna that is supposed to be "universal" to replace the factory antenna. Then I took off the panel in the rear cargo area and saw the receiver and realized it does not use any sort of standard plug for the antenna.

I was able to find a post in another thread here that pointed me to the satellite receiver's location in the passenger side rear cargo area behind the plastic panel. The existing antenna goes from this location up to the roof. It comes in to a mess of a series of wires that plug in to the receiver. None of them appear to be anything approaching a "standard" XM antenna plug.

Is there an adapter available that would make it easy to plug a standard satellite connector in to the receiver?

Thanks for any help.

Bump for the same.

Curious if there’s a more modern antenna we could use for Sirius/XM. Has anyone replaced the OEM to get better reception? Being out of a 100 for a while and now back in one (thankfully!), I forgot how annoying the intermittent connection was in some areas!

Yep, my connection is awful which is why I want to replace it. That and the magnets rusted off the roof connection ages ago and I have glued others on a couple times but the weather eventually ruins them. And my wire is damaged, etc, etc.

Hoping eventually someone comes along who knows the answer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom