Replacing seats inside the 60... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have Smitty bilt contor seats in mine direct bolt in pm me for cost look just like procar

I put 01 pt looser seats in mine. They bolt right up.
& the armrest r nice to have;)
IMG_20101023_172150.jpg
IMG_20101023_172046.jpg

I'm not sure if they bolt right up. I've read reviews that you might have to enlarge one of the holes just a tad.....but I do not know.

be interested to know bout the ptcruiser seats boltin right up too! and they slide and adjust no probs?
hmm, maybe i should look around for beige/brown ones...?!

btw, safe to assume factory seat bracketry on an 84 60 is the same as a late 80's 60/62?

I doubt the mid-8o's seats are the same as late 80's. The way the seats mounted in my 1985 BJ60 were different than my 1986 HJ60. The mounts were the same between the HJ and my 1988 FJ62

I have the 80 series seats in my rig with no complaints! the are so nice to drive on long trips and they hold you in off road. I just wish I put them in before my moab trip!! haha

I doubt the mid-8o's seats are the same as late 80's. The way the seats mounted in my 1985 BJ60 were different than my 1986 HJ60. The mounts were the same between the HJ and my 1988 FJ62

copy that, thanks! so maybe no go then..

I just found a link to some Smittybilt XRC Reclining Suspension Seats.

Look interesting, and Amazon.com is selling them for $202 per seat. With free shipping.

May have to pick up a set and give them a try.

pics_017.sized.jpg

Here is a pic of mine only Smittybilt that bolts in

which ones are those?

Not the XRC's

Those are the Contour's I believe. I think he (Kling-on) told me the XRC's are not a direct bolt in, at one point.

I can't imagine they would be a direct bolt in. I don't think any seat is truly a direct bolt in for that matter.

Building a small rack to make them fit should not be too hard. But it's not worth it if the seats will wear out in a few thousand miles.

Exactly. Which is why I'm torn between getting a Corbeau Suspension seat (Baja RS, Ultra, JP, etc) or a cheaper (non suspension model) like a Summit Sport seat or Procar Sportsman.

which ones are those?

Not the XRC's

Contour seat

Those are the Contour's I believe. I think he (Kling-on) told me the XRC's are not a direct bolt in, at one point.

true

I can't imagine they would be a direct bolt in. I don't think any seat is truly a direct bolt in for that matter.

Building a small rack to make them fit should not be too hard. But it's not worth it if the seats will wear out in a few thousand miles.

100% bolt in ... you just need bolts

pics_014.sized.jpg

the hole with out threads match 60 and late modle 40 seat prefect

pics_015.sized.jpg

pick up some bolt and make sure you use the spacer that come with the kit

pics_016.sized.jpg

Last edited:
I second the ProCar Elites...put them in my 60 with pics in build thread...or you can come by and see them in person since you are also here in Charleston. I have the original seats...no tears...and with brand new stuffing in them done by Bendht Brotehrs in West Ashley as well if you want original.

I think I saw your rig at bagel factory of Longpoint Road one day....let me know and can meet up and you can check out the seats in person...
Brock..you still in Charleston ?? Do you still have the org. seats you referred to in my thread a year or so back? Please let me know..Hope all is well!! Troy

Sorry for digging up an old post, I know some people dont like that. But seats are important! I really like the idea of having leather seats with armrests. Has anyone fit Land Rover Disco seats into their FJs? They look comfortable and simple, a lot like the ProCar elites but with armrests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom