Replacing rear window lifts... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tunersportfishing.com
Replacing rear window struts...

Search yields no results but maybe I'm calling them by the wrong name. The gas struts are around $50 each at parts stores and appear to come with built on brackets, plus they're special order and take days. Anyone broken the code on an easy way to replace with the readily available stronger and less expensive refills?

Last edited:
I'd like to know as well, I keep hitting my head on the thing. It will stay all of the way up, but only if I remember to push it to that point.

I also did a search with no results.

Like to also know about the hood replacements.

Doug

What about getting them regassed it might be cheaper

Aussie cruiser said:
What about getting them regassed it might be cheaper

I must confess I have no idea how the gas gets in there in the first place...there's no port that I can see. It looks like you could just cut the bracket off the strut and bolt a refill in its place. I thought someone here had surely found a way to get er done without buying new.

Mine won't stay up so it is replacement time.

The regassing thing seems pretty common down here compared to the states. Everybody I told (down under) I was shopping for new shocks asked why I wasn't just getting the old ones regassed. I wouldn't know when to regas and when to buy new, and I suppose most consumers in the states wouldn't either.

loquito said:
Try C-Dan first,

No response to IM, have a phone number for CD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom