Replacing rear rotor and pads, anything else while it's off? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to do my rear rotors and pads and ordering this kit:

Power Stop

Anything else I should order and replace while I'm at it? I assume (hope) this is going to be less of a pain than changing the front rotors?

i think there is an oring that's good to change. maybe a seal. i know the bearings are sealed and non serviceable and a huge pain to replace so most people just run them until they fail.
just take care to properly adjust parking brake after.

Depending on mileage and the condition of your calipers, it would be a really good time to replace the piston seals and boots, slide pin boots, etc. if they're original. Toyota has a kit with all of said parts for around $25: Part #0447960060.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Getting ready to do my rear rotors and pads and ordering this kit:

Power Stop

Anything else I should order and replace while I'm at it? I assume (hope) this is going to be less of a pain than changing the front rotors?

I'm not sure if you have upgraded your rear brake hoses yet, but it might be a good time to upgrade to stainless braided hoses. Also..... flush the brake fluid and put in a couple new bleeders for the back. Just my suggestions!!!

Parking brake bellcrank can rust and may need to be replaced. Parking drum brake shoes may need to be replaced.

I'm not sure if you have upgraded your rear brake hoses yet, but it might be a good time to upgrade to stainless braided hoses. Also..... flush the brake fluid and put in a couple new bleeders for the back. Just my suggestions!!!
That's a good idea. Probably helps with the squishy pedal vagueness.
Do you have a source for SS lines? I'll search for an install write up.

I used SLEE SS lines. There's a company in Australia that @2001LC used that have the OEM style brackets or something like that but didn't want to deal with a exchange if something was wrong.

I used SLEE SS lines. There's a company in Australia that @2001LC used that have the OEM style brackets or something like that but didn't want to deal with a exchange if something was wrong.
Yeah, I no longer will use Safebrake ( Australia Co) they manufacture in China or So. Asia. Whereas they do model after OEM in clocking. They make to many manufacture mistakes,the owner is a lair! so not to be trusted.

I just installed new OEM flex lines to calipers along with Slee drop downs (center above rear diff) SS FLEX to get the extra length for a lifted rig. This is the safest combo I know of. Although is does not give that rock hard pedal feel all SS does.

One day I'll take a full OEM set to a builder and see what he'd charge to duplicate.

I went with StopTech for the front and rear brake hoses, but I would suggest getting the entire kit from Slee if I had to do it all over again. I haven't had any issues with the StopTech hoses while in service, but my kit for the rear brakes had one wrong line in it and I had to return the item. I'm guessing the just packaged it incorrectly.

Link to product if you are curious: Amazon product ASIN B003K3NBPA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom