Replacing pinion seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it is just a worn seal, it is no big deal. A :banana: :banana: job at the most and $15 in parts. If it has a staked nut, it is a good idea to get a new nut. Just drop the drive shaft and the pinion nut, pop out old seal and drive in new one and replace the parts. If it is leaking because the bearing is bad, just get a good used 3rd member

I thought I sold you a new seal with the 3rd member? I remember that the flange I gave you was not perfect but might work but you said yours was good. You may need to get a speedy sleeve for it to seal up correctly. I have all that at the shop. Give me a call and stop by. You can do the seal right quick, I also have a stake nut for it and we can talk about soem work I need done.

David- The seal did look good, and my mechanic thought so as well, and we were in a very big hurry so we just left the old one on. I was quite suprised to see the foul smelling puddle of 80/90 underneath the rear axle 3 days later. I'll give you a call and hopefully can stop by the shop sometime...perhaps tomorrow or the next weekend? (I've got school and then soccer during the week.)

Bailey,
I appereciate all your activities. I have yet to think of one that would preclude you calling me. You offered to work. Is that still an option? You offered to work. If you dont get off you ass and talk to me it will go to some really ddumb MF.....

Well I got off my ass and called you :D
Now get off your ass and call me back :D
I'll try again later.

Well OK then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom