REPLACING KEY FOB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do these amazon DIY programming work?

Amazon product ASIN B000LG8GI6
just got my truck, but it had no FOB.

anyone have experience with these? alternative options?

DEALER is out of the question. the key quoted (JUST THE KEY no programming) was $229.08 WTF!

Do you have the master key or valet key? If you only have valet key then your ECU needs to be replaced and programmed for a lot of $$$$$$$$$. If it's a master key then you can get a key fob for $15 and laser cut for $60 and then self program it.

Do you have the master key or valet key? If you only have valet key then your ECU needs to be replaced and programmed for a lot of $$$$$$$$$. If it's a master key then you can get a key fob for $15 and laser cut for $60 and then self program it.

unfortunately, no master. i only have 2 valet keys.

Lots of info regarding programming aftermarket keys and fobs on here. I bought an aftermarket key and fob off of Ebay. I was able to get the new key to work following the programming instructions on here, but I was never able to get the fob to work. Maybe it was defective.

unfortunately, no master. i only have 2 valet keys.

Are you sure you have 2 valet keys? Wouldn't that be unusual?

I just purchased 2 of these per someone else here's recommendation, they come cut which is a major advantage but self programming is required. However you do need an original non-valet

I havent had any problems with the replacement keys from Amazon that have the fob built in for that year. Unfortunatly without a master you wont be able to program a key to start the car without a little work.

If you want to add new keys to your ecu you will need to have the eeprom "virginized", this will put your ecu in registration mode and allow you to add your keys as masters. There are locksmiths that can do this, but it isnt cheap.

I can help you virginize your ecu. I offer preprogrammed eeprom chips if you are able to swap them out yourself.

Are you sure you have 2 valet keys? Wouldn't that be unusual?

I just purchased 2 of these per someone else here's recommendation, they come cut which is a major advantage but self programming is required. However you do need an original non-valet

yes, both have no built in fobs, just straight keys. so maybe one is a copy of my valet.

thats why i posted, since most of the threads HAVE at least a master key.

yes, both have no built in fobs, just straight keys. so maybe one is a copy of my valet.

thats why i posted, since most of the threads HAVE at least a master key.

They can still be masters. You need to check them with your security light if it goes off as soon as the key is inserted in the ignition it is a master. If the light stays lit for a second after the key is inserted it is a valet

They can still be masters. You need to check them with your security light if it goes off as soon as the key is inserted in the ignition it is a master. If the light stays lit for a second after the key is inserted it is a valet

ah ok, let me check the keys and report back.

Agreed with above. You can have master key that looks ordinary/basic, no buttons/fob.

I came here to say the same thing, but a couple of people already beat me to it. My LX came with a keyfob and three old-school regular keys. I used the security light trick and found out that I just have a bunch of master keys and no valet. Don't assume it's valet just because there aren't any buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom