Replacing Gas Tank on my FJ60... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll be replacing the old fuel tank on my 60 this weekend (previously replaced in '95 due to the recall) and was wondering if there is anything in particular I need to know other than removing all the gas first and not smoking while I work. The previous owner apparently let it sit too long. I basically have a tank full of YooHoo.

Also, does it matter what type of fuel filter you use on a 60? I couldn't find the one that was recomended, but I found one that looks almost identical to the one in my truck right now.

Thanks.

You can also take the gas tank if not rusted out and such to a radiator shop. They can clean eat and fix anything that might be wrong with it without the cost of a new gas tank hopefully.

If youi think the innards of the tank it OK, then just remove drain plug & drain the goopy stuff.

Using clean gas & a small funnel, remove fuel supply line at fuleter and 'backflush' line from tank.

Only problem with removing tank : all the littel and medium size tubes conecting tank to 'world' maybe brittle & snap...have replacements on hand. The filler tube, by now, is as hard as a rock....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom