Replacing exhaust tailpipe muffler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone replace just that little tailpipe muffler. Is there anything that will bolt in like the original without replacing the entire section from the muffler?

Check out Bosal.

Otherwise, OEM (assuming you're in the US) will cost you around $145 plus shipping. Donut gasket is $3. I have one of each on hand if you decide to go that route.

Edit: Reread what you are looking for. Any muffler shop can cut out the OE resonator and weld a similar unit back in for you. :banana: for any shop.

My local indy muffler shop couldn't find a decent replacement for the resonator. The closest thing was a glass pack that was too long. Any specific rec's on a model or part number would be helpful.

Where are you Kernal? I just took one off my Diesel cruiser, and its in very good shape They look like they're the same as the unit on a gasser. If shipping is reasonable you can have it for much less than a new one, and have a muffler shop splice it on for you or just bolt it on. I'm in BC, Canada.

This is assuming you just need to replace, and you're not looking for an upgrade. Let me know if this is of interest
-Jason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom