Replacing Carpet with Vinyl Floor for 100 Series - Pictures and Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VinylSeats

SILVER Star
Threads
With my 20+ year old carpet showing its age, I'm looking at replacing it. While @dnp seems to be offering a great carpet replacement option, I really like the idea of replacing the old carpet with vinyl.

I spoke to @TRAIL TAILOR and he no longer imports vinyl floor kits. He recommended I look at Tru Fit Auto in Australia.

Here's a link to their 100 kits:

My questions:
Has anyone replaced their stock carpet with this kit or one like it?

Does anyone have any good images of a 100 with a vinyl floor?

How will a change like this impact sound in the cabin on a 100?

I am not familiar with this kit, but I am curious to see how it turns out for folks. I have owned Land Cruisers with vynil floors before (70 and 60 series) and driven a "poverty pack" 80 and 100 and the noise is definitely louder than with carpet, but that can be easily solved by adding sound dampening material at the time of the swap. If you visit the 70 series section of the Forum, you'll see it's a very common modification for "troop carrier" models (Long Van) and there's a few detailed build threads.

The other option might be digging around partsouq and finding a low spec 100 vinyl built for the rest of the world.

IIRC, @hoser (I think?) posted something about this vinyl replacement in the master poverty pack thread.

I'm keen on a vinyl floor covering too. There seems to be at least a couple of Australian options, but I have no idea if any of them are good or not.

The No Bull option is relatively expensive at ~ AUD$800 for three sections (front, rear and cargo)

Trufit are much less expensive at ~ AUD$360 for three sections

I'm keen on a vinyl floor covering too. There seems to be at least a couple of Australian options, but I have no idea if any of them are good or not.

The No Bull option is relatively expensive at ~ AUD$800 for three sections (front, rear and cargo)

Trufit are much less expensive at ~ AUD$360 for three sections
Looks like Trufit is $210 shipping to California. Would be an awesome solution for a more rugged build.

Anyone ever done the trufit conversion?

Has anyone used either of the kits mentioned in this thread? I’m thinking about pulling the trigger but would like to see a review if possible.

I recently bought the front and rear vinyl from Trufit and I recommend to stay away.

The vinyl seems adequate quality but is mostly flat, absolutely not fully moulded especially not in critical areas. Obviously this will conform to the factory floorpan about as well as a heavy flat sheet of vinyl can.

I am currently in a dispute process with them and will eventually update this post with more details and pictures if necessary.

Additionally, from the 'feel' of the interaction thus far I am not dealing with an Australian company. If you've ever experienced the frustration of an aliexpress or alibaba dispute you will know exactly what I am referring to.

Last edited:
I recently bought the front and rear vinyl from Trufit and I recommend to stay away.

The vinyl seems adequate quality but is mostly flat, absolutely not fully moulded especially not in critical areas. Obviously this will conform to the factory floorpan about as well as a heavy flat sheet of vinyl can.

I am currently in a dispute process with them and will eventually update this post with more details and pictures if necessary.

Additionally, from the 'feel' of the interaction thus far I am not dealing with an Australian company. If you've ever experienced the frustration of an aliexpress or alibaba dispute you will know exactly what I am referring to.
Wow, can you post some photos or is the vinyl already removed from your vehicle? Very disappointing to hear, I was really hoping to order a kit from them myself.

I removed all carpets and sprayed 3mm of Stone chip rubber compound and will cover it with a large floor mat. Can be painted I suppose. Someone makes a cup holder that would cover the front side wall but I am thinking of a leather or canvas pocket to store bits and pieces. Beauty is you can wash down with a hose pipe

IMG_0549.jpg

Wow, can you post some photos or is the vinyl already removed from your vehicle? Very disappointing to hear, I was really hoping to order a kit from them myself.
Dispute is still in process so I'm waiting for the outcome. I'll likely post photos after a result.

I never even fitted the vinyl as it would have been a total waste of time and work. It's that obvious it isn't sufficiently moulded and a quality result would have impossible to achieve regardless of how much time one was to invest.

Indeed it's disappointing this is not a good option but hopefully this post prevents others making the same mistake.

Trufit have been extremely frustrating and difficult to deal with and even refused to communicate further until a Paypal dispute forced them to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom