Replacing carpet- keep or ditch foot rest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi again,
I am getting close to putting in my carpet on my 62 and wanted to know if I should keep or get rid of the foot rest in the driver wheel well. I think its more of a hassle than its worth to put back in, but has anyone regretted taking it out and not replacing? Sorry, no pictures, the truck isn't home.
Rich

Did you used to use it? It really isn't necessary except for those people you are trying to break of using their left foot for braking. Also, on long drives it can help to improve driving posture.

For us guys under 6 ft. In height...I consider the “foot rest” a god-send and a leg strain reliever. Sort of like a foot stool stabilizer...novel but effective.
There in lies the issue. I am 6'3" and I think I could use the extra room in the foot well, but never driven without it. Just curious on feedback from those that removed and how they felt about it. Plus it will be a pain to re-install it, but I guess I could add it later if I needed it. I do plan to drive the truck on long trips all over the West Coast. Appreciate the feedback to a seemingly silly question.

I yanked the footrest (I'm 5'11") and love not having it. I can really stretch out my left leg, just like in my old '87 FJ60.

I filled the hole from the footrest with a 1" thick chunk of rubber matting, and put a floor mat over the area. I would fill the hole and put the carpet right over it and save the footrest for the next guy, in case he's a purist.

When I replaced the carpet in mine I yanked it (still have it...can't seem throw anything away that gets pulled from the LC).

I'm 6'2" and I love the extra leg room.

Awesome! Seems as though there is a consensus. Thanks all for your responses. I had planned on removing g it, but wanted to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom