Replacing alternator, but where to find bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Voltage regulator bit the dust on the 80, so we pulled the alternator.
it was only held in place by the pivot bolt and years of grease and dirt.
ive got part numbers but no specs, and since this is a DD, kinda need to not wait on the local Toyota dealer for 5 days to get them.
Any one know what would replace the adjustment bolt and the lock bolt underneath the alternator?

part #’s I have:
90105-10397 - tensioner adjust
91512-G1025 - lock bolt

Last edited:
Voltage regulator bit the dust on the 80, so we pulled the alternator.
it was only held in place by the pivot bolt and years of grease and dirt.
ive got part numbers but no specs, and since this is a DD, kinda need to not wait on the local Toyota dealer for 5 days to get them.
Any one know what would replace the adjustment bolt and the lock bolt underneath the alternator?

part #’s I have:
90105-10397 - tensioner adjust
91512-G1025 - lock bolt
Or is there a current part # that’s interchangeable?

Your part numbers don't look right to me. They don't match what is listed on Wits' End or Partsouq. There's really nothing special about the bolts, other then the adjuster is threaded the entire length. In a pinch you could bypass the adjuster and just use a bolt with a washer for the lower bolt.

1617462027493.png

Your part numbers don't look right to me. They don't match what is listed on Wits' End or Partsouq. There's really nothing special about the bolts, other then the adjuster is threaded the entire length. In a pinch you could bypass the adjuster and just use a bolt with a washer for the lower bolt.

View attachment 2634164

I think I’ll order from Wits End, but do you have info on that lock bolt? I’d really like to have that in hand today so this thing isn’t just potentially in there with only the pivot bolt. Seems problematic. 😂

I think I’ll order from Wits End, but do you have info on that lock bolt? I’d really like to have that in hand today so this thing isn’t just potentially in there with only the pivot bolt. Seems problematic. 😂
I'm going with m8x1.25

20210403_111215.jpg

20210403_111245.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom