Replacing AHC in LX470 with aftermarket lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure this has been asked many a times, but does it add complexity to installing a lift kit with AHC on the truck? I've been looking at some LX470s in town but am concerned about the cost of lifting these over an 80s series because of the AHC.

Thank you!

1572354682468.png

New Members, read this first

Welcome.

Yes, it's been asked and answered many times. Check out the FAQ at the top of the forum page. It will have links to lots of questions you'll have now and probably some answers to questions you didn't know you had yet.

100 Series FAQ

This is an excellent community and there's a huge amount of knowledge and info here. Don't forget, you can search for specific terms by user, thread, or specific forum by clicking the search box at the top right. Users here are generally receptive to new threads with new questions, but you may not receive much response on threads with frequently answered questions.

It is no big deal. Did it on a 2000 LX470 and replaced it with a Dobinson's kit. Worked great with no issues. Unplugged one plug to get the dash light to go off and was even able to remove the ride height switch and install the nifty factory cup in its place. If the AHC was not working on my current 2005 and I did not have all the AHC parts from the 2000 still I would have already done it again. The only real pain was removing the rear shocks and only because you have to get so far under the truck to reach them.

It is no big deal. Did it on a 2000 LX470 and replaced it with a Dobinson's kit. Worked great with no issues. Unplugged one plug to get the dash light to go off and was even able to remove the ride height switch and install the nifty factory cup in its place. If the AHC was not working on my current 2005 and I did not have all the AHC parts from the 2000 still I would have already done it again. The only real pain was removing the rear shocks and only because you have to get so far under the truck to reach them.
I'm doing some research on this for my 05 LX. If AHC is working right now is there any good reason to pull it out and switch? Just trying to get some opinions on how long I should try to keep AHC working. Appreciate your thoughts.

I'm doing some research on this for my 05 LX. If AHC is working right now is there any good reason to pull it out and switch? Just trying to get some opinions on how long I should try to keep AHC working. Appreciate your thoughts.

I'm in the same spot with my 07. I personally am planning on replacing globes when the time comes, but if anything else goes wrong before I do so, I'll probably swap for a traditional setup.

On my current 05 LX470 everything is working well and fortunately I saved all of the parts from the 00 I did before. The AHC is cool but honestly before I would spend any money maintaining it I would pull it all out and replace it. On my current truck the prior owner replaced the front shocks 25K ago and paid $695 each for them. No chance I would ever consider that. The Dobinson kit I used before rides just as good as the AHC in my opinion. My brother still has my 00 and rode in both of them last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom