Replacement window and door trim and seal availability ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 93 is amazing and going strong but has way too much wind noise along with several leaks around the windows , sun roof and some cracked and wore out window trim etc. How available is essentially a complete replacement of all the window seals and is this a fairly easy job for a body shop ? Thanks.

Windshield gasket is available but there’s a 75% chance you will need a replacement windshield to change the gasket. Windshield is glued to the gasket and gasket is glued to the body. I just had mine replaced with OEM gasket and windshield. It’s about a 3 hour job for a good windshield tech.

I haven’t looked into the other seals. Put your VIN into Toyodiy.com and then check the part numbers for availability.

My 93 is amazing and going strong but has way too much wind noise along with several leaks around the windows , sun roof and some cracked and wore out window trim etc. How available is essentially a complete replacement of all the window seals and is this a fairly easy job for a body shop ? Thanks.
This is all stuff that's easy to replace. No need to pay someone to do this.

Jon is right, the windows are all easy, and some you don't even need to take the actual windows out to replace seals...

But on your '93 the sunroof is trickier to get to than the '95-97 due to the headliner not being the moulded plastic-type. If someone *has*serviced the sunroof on a pre '95 please let me know I have a rattle I'd like to fix from there...

the parts you want to search for are "window runs", "inner moulding", "outer moulding", and "weatherstripping"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom