replacement Warn M10000 motor-Warn or DB Electric? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey i snapped off the stud on the motor for one of the connections to my Warn M10000 winch.
Should i shell out the $290 for the Warn replacement motor, or just $123 for a new DB Electrical motor?

thanks,
Faron

I am probably no help here...I am guessing you took it all apart and it cannot be repaired with a new stud?

i'll give it a shot but have never had good success repairing electric motors.

update: I was able to replace the stud and get it back together-thanks for the inspiration @NorCalFJ100 and @Grandlooser !
what's wierd is i took the old stud to Ace Hardware and neither the metric *or* SAE seemed to have a match (coarse or fine thread), so i just used a 5/16 fine pitch which seems to be pretty close.
will try and get it reattached to the winch and test later today after i go for a run.

update: I was able to replace the stud and get it back together-thanks for the inspiration @NorCalFJ100 and @Grandlooser !
what's wierd is i took the old stud to Ace Hardware and neither the metric *or* SAE seemed to have a match (coarse or fine thread), so i just used a 5/16 fine pitch which seems to be pretty close.
will try and get it reattached to the winch and test later today after i go for a run.

That's great to hear!! Glad it's worked out so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom