replacement tub 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to find a reasonable priced FJ40 tub. I keep coming to the Columbian connection but have heard bad things about quality and service. Can anyone direct me to a company that provides a good tub?

Full tub or 3/4?

Personally, I would skip anything from Columbia unless it's already in this country and you can see it and test-fit parts against it.

Personally, I would skip anything from Columbia unless it's already in this country and you can see it and test-fit parts against it.
I didn't have a lot of experience and originally went through Land Cruiser Heaven. Paid in full $4500 up front for a 3/4 tub. Covid caused delays but it was the total inability to get calls back. Once Frank at LCH had your money you had to beg for updates. Piss poor follow through. I amazingly got a refund after 6 months. Went through Vintage 4x4. Guy was legit. Good follow up. Tub took a bit longer than he said but I have it and I'm happy with it. CCOT says stay away from S America. but where do you think the FJ40's were made? That's why the shops down there have the dies.

Is an aluminum tub an option or trying to stick to original steel?

I didn't have a lot of experience and originally went through Land Cruiser Heaven. Paid in full $4500 up front for a 3/4 tub. Covid caused delays but it was the total inability to get calls back. Once Frank at LCH had your money you had to beg for updates. Piss poor follow through. I amazingly got a refund after 6 months. Went through Vintage 4x4. Guy was legit. Good follow up. Tub took a bit longer than he said but I have it and I'm happy with it. CCOT says stay away from S America. but where do you think the FJ40's were made? That's why the shops down there have the dies.
FJ40s were absolutely not made in South America.

nd I'm happy with it. CCOT says stay away from S America. but where do you think the FJ40's were made? That's why the shops down there have the dies.

No North American 40 was put together with parts made in SA. Those were only made for the local market in SA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom