Replacement Transmission Oil Cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have had difficulty finding a thread relevant to this. My external cooler appears to be on its last legs (97' LX450, USDM 1FZ) and is leaking quite heavily (visible on the core here). The Toyota unit appears to be discontinued entirely.

Does anyone have experience installing an aftermarket unit that is simple to bolt in, similar size, and in terms of fittings? I'm not super familiar with tranny cooler types. Not interested in removing it from the system and figured there might be a unit out there that would minimize installation headaches.

Cheers!

20201107_154900.jpg

20201107_154850.jpg

Finding a good used cooler should be easy to do as leakers are uncommon. Message @slow95z and see if he has one in his inventory.

I'm interested in an aftermarket solution as well. Mine isn't leaking but the fins have sustained so much damage over the years that i doubt much air actually makes it through to the condenser and the radiator
160488621953426140945380468843.jpg

I'm interested in an aftermarket solution as well. Mine isn't leaking but the fins have sustained so much damage over the years that i doubt much air actually makes it through to the condenser and the radiator
View attachment 2490184

Yeah, that is looking pretty beat up. Find anything on fitting types? I can't imagine it would be that difficult to mount an aftermarket unit, seems the oem is about 13.5 inches by 10 inches last I checked.

There’s a derale unit mentioned in this thread…

There’s a derale unit mentioned in this thread…

You are a lifesaver! Just asked about fittings in there. Seems like @NLXTACY went with the same unit, based on the turbo thread. Might beat used oem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom